Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Life!

Hello Dear Reader, i am sorry that i have neglected my blog for so long i have no real excuse other than life! Life just got in the way weather it be ill health and then my computer going up the wall {again!} i would just like to write last year off and start again this year :)

So some things have changed here, Due to ill health i have decided to take a break from being a Stampin’ Up! Demo for a while i will be back but at the moment i cannot commit to being a demo.  I will and am still crafting so will be sharing plenty of projects with you especially as my lovely Hubby sorted me a BRAND new {and not just new to me} laptop! eep!! Sunday i was like a child at Christmas when we went to collect my loverly purple (!) laptop!!  I have also changed the look of my blog i felt it was time to get a cleaner look and i am really loving this template. I may make a few more changes such as fonts but at the moment i am loving it :)

And some things haven’t changed at all, i am still driving my OCD Hubby bonkers with my messy ways when  i am in a creative mood.  I am still crafting away and i have loads to share with you.  Ooo oo and work has started on my new craft room {finally!} after two years of it being used for storage it has now been cleared ready for the first step of damp proofing to begin.  I cant wait to get in there and be able to craft and shut the door mid project if i need to do something else.

Right so that’s more than enough of me waffling on….. here’s the project i am sharing with you today. 

to be edited10 

This is my aptly named Life mini Album, it is decorated with Soho Subway DSP, i love this collection i think i have got through at least 3 packs since they launched last year and for someone who doesn’t do paper that’s a lot.  This book was made as a display sample for a craft show i helped out with last September.  The pages for the book are hand-stitched together by me and are watercolour papers. I am planning to use it for just bits that don’t go in my other albums which are themed.

This is a heavily layered piece, i started sponging the base cardstock and then stamping the gorgeous swallowtail butterfly and using the notes wheel stamp.  Then the blue DSP which i think looks like a cathedral type ceiling, i scrunched and ripped it up and then inked the raised edges before covering the whole piece in versamark and clear embossing powder, this has given it a lovely enamelled look.  I used lots of heat embossing on this piece i love how if you emboss an image in clear it gives great interest without shouting at you. 

Right that’s it from me today, hope that you are all having a lovely sunshine filled day like we are today it sure makes a great change from the rain we have been having lately i am really hoping that this is a turning point in the weather. 

Until next time

Ttfn

Charlie.xx

No comments: